INTERVIEW OKODUWA PROMISE

OKODUWA PROMISE

From her first attempt at acting in a single scene the blind girl, Nollywood actress Okoduwa Promise has honed her craft, developed her skills, and is today one of Nigeria’s actresses. And she also a model.
Promise is a one -time Port
Harcourt Movie Festival Award nominee In 2013, she won the Best Port Harcourt model in 2010. Having a keen eye for fashion and a strong business desire. In this exclusive interview with Naija’gizeblog Orisa macaulay, Promise arrived the venue of our interview looking every bit like a movie star. With minimal but flawless make up, she was smartly dressed and

ready to chat.

OKODUWA PROMISE



Promise we are glad you are here today. Is quite fortunate to have you, the other time you disappoint us, thank God you are here Today for this interview


OKODUWA PROMISE



Laugh, thank you, um! am a kind of busy running some stuff with acting, so, most of the time is difficult for me to balance but sorry about that.
We had a lot about you, can you tell us about yourself
Um am From Edo State, Nigeria. An entrepreneur ,a spoke person, model and Actress.
What was growing up like?
Growing up was fun. I grew up in a middle class environment, My Mum is a disciplinarian. She is a Nurse and my father is Late, She is a hard working woman she tried her best to gives us a better Educational Background, When I told her I wanted to be an actress, She didn’t like it, But she finally gave me her blessings .I must say she is my role model .I grew up in a large compound where I had a lot of kids to play with.
Let talk about your career
What were you doing around the time you started acting?
I was studying animal Science at Ambrose Alli University before I Started modeling and Acting.

Let’s talk about what brought you into the lime light. How did you cut your teeth into the acting profession?


OKODUWA PROMISE

In 2008, I went for an audition for a movie unfortunately could not get my part, 2010 a friend of mine invited for a Short Movie audition and after awhile, they called me that I got a scene in the movie. It wasn’t even a speaking role and initially I felt bad but I gave it my best shot. Things just picked up from there.




Nowadays, a lot of people get lead roles at the beginning of their career but you have had to climb the ladder. How has this affected your career?
When you start from the bottom, you tend to appreciate where you are right now. When you crawl before you walk and then you fly, you’ll appreciate your roots. But some people are just lucky. Everybody wants to start big but I appreciate my small beginning. It has taught me to be patient and to never give up.
What should your fans be expecting from you this year?
A lot of charity work, it’s my giving back year. A lot of movies too. Also, people complain that I hardly attend events. I get a lot of invitations and it’s not intentional that I don’t attend but cos have a lot of work on my table. I would try to attend more events this year.

Your last birthday party created a lot of buzz for a couple of reasons. Firstly, why did you decide to hold it in Edo State along with a trade fair?
I normally don’t celebrate my birthday often. I’m not the kind of person that throws a big party every birthday but this time around, I had a business and my fans in Edo had been asking me to come to my state So I thought to myself, Why not do it in my home town and a trade fair together and also give them a 50 percent discount which is a huge one? So that’s what I did.

Are you in a Relationship?
Yes
ACTRESS OKODUWA PROMISE

Tell us about your relationship and the experience so far?
Hmm,hahaha,, I don’t discuss about my private life.
Thank you Promise for your cooperation, we are expecting new stuff from you.


ACTRESS OKODUWA PROMISE



- See more at: http://naijagize.blogspot.com/2015/08/interview-with-okoduwa-promise-okoduwa.html#more

No comments: